Our research is focused on the design, synthesis, characterization and possible applications of new supramolecular systems with unconventional properties and functions. By combining principles of synthetic and physical organic chemistry with challenges in materials and life sciences, we study the self-assembly and self-organization of molecular architectures into functional supramolecular systems.
- Huachuan Du was awarded an SNSF Postdoc.Mobility Fellowship. He will be co-supervised by Bert Meijer and Sam Stupp and will work on the copolymerization of bioactive supramolecular polymers. Congratulations Huachuan!
- Giulia Lavarda received three awards for her outstanding PhD thesis: best PhD Thesis defended in 2021 in the Community of Madrid from the Madrid Territorial Section of the Spanish Royal Society of Chemistry, 2021 PhD Thesis Award of the Nanoscience and Molecular Materials Group of the Spanish Royal Society of Chemistry and extraordinary PhD Award from the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. Congratulations on these great achievements Giulia!
- Stef Jansen received a poster prize at the 25th IUPAC International Conference on Physical Organic Chemistry. Congratulations Stef!
- Bert Meijer has been elected as international member of the US National Academy of Sciences. Congratulations to Bert for this great news!
- Congratulations to Shikha Dhiman for being selected for the Freiburg Rising Stars Academy.
- Our recent publication in Biomacromolecules "Choline-Functionalized Supramolecular Copolymers: Toward Antimicrobial Activity against Streptococcus pneumoniae" is among the recently most accessed articles!
On February 27 & 28 2019 we had the Meijerlab Reunion, to celebrate Bert's birthday and to look back on 30 years of research of the group in Eindhoven. The scientific program with an overview of all speakers can be found here.