Our research is focused on the design, synthesis, characterization and possible applications of new supramolecular systems with unconventional properties and functions. By combining principles of synthetic and physical organic chemistry with challenges in materials and life sciences, we study the self-assembly and self-organization of molecular architectures into functional supramolecular systems.
- Stef Jansen received a poster prize at the 25th IUPAC International Conference on Physical Organic Chemistry. Congratulations Stef!
- Congratulations to Bert Meijer for being awarded with the "Hermann-Staudinger-Preis"!
- Bert Meijer has been elected as international member of the US National Academy of Sciences. Congratulations to Bert for this great news!
- Congratulations to Shikha Dhiman for being selected for the Freiburg Rising Stars Academy.
- Our recent publication in Biomacromolecules "Choline-Functionalized Supramolecular Copolymers: Toward Antimicrobial Activity against Streptococcus pneumoniae" is among the recently most accessed articles!
- Congratulations to Fabian Eisenreich for attaining a VENI award! He will continue his career as assistant professor in the group of Zeljko Tomovic, we wish him all the best luck.
- The UNSW RNA Institute is welcoming Bert Meijer as a Visiting Professor for the next 3 years! He will work together with Director Palli Thordarson and others in the institute.
On February 27 & 28 2019 we had the Meijerlab Reunion, to celebrate Bert's birthday and to look back on 30 years of research of the group in Eindhoven. The scientific program with an overview of all speakers can be found here.